Businesses are activities that provide goods and/or services in exchange for money or other goods and services. A variety of businesses contribute to our local economy.
These include :
- Designing (buildings, gardens, paths, posters, etc.)
- Manufacturing or producing (goods like clothing or furniture, or parts of goods to be used by others to make complete goods, such as processing paper to make books)
- Supply and distribution (moving goods from producer to client)
- Selling (retailing – buying from a producer or another intermediary business and selling to the consumer, or wholesaling – buying from a business and selling to other retailers or repair businesses)
- Installing (fitting or connecting the product to the customer’s home or business)
- Repairing (restoring broken or defective goods to working order)
- Service industries (tourism, information and communication services, leisure activities, etc.).
Compiled and taught by Sin Sidara